Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Flashing red and white lights on wifi booster

juliaduncan08
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My wifi booster keeps flashing red and white lights and losing connection, any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Effie

Hey @juliaduncan08 I hope you're well 😊 I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your booster.

Just to check, are you experiencing any issues with your broadband connection in general or is it just a problem with the booster itself? Have you tried resetting it by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the booster with a small pointed object such as a pin? 

Its just the booster, the router seems fine! 

and yes I tried resetting it. 

It used to be that 1 connected with the router, then the 2nd one connected with that then the 3rd connected to the 2nd, but the 2nd one which keeps flashing wont connect to the first one, it just wants to connect with the router which doesn't have a good line of sight hence why it should go through the first???

it was all working fine then we went away for a week and my husband decided to unplug everything while we were away and now it isn't working...

Thanks @juliaduncan08 I appreciate you explaining what's happening. If your broadband was switched off when you went away this can cause a disruption with your connection and it can even reset your home setup. The best thing to do is give the WiFi Xperts a call on 0333 304 0191 or drop them a message here as they can run through some checks with you, help to reconnect the booster or even replace it if it is faulty.