Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fttp from citycibre

Muly39
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anyone had an installation from City fibre? The broadband speed is great what I am concerned about is the cabling from the access point to the property.  Between the access point and where the outside fibre box is now placed is a shared small garden area with our neighbour, the area has a hedge and I was told they would dig a trench around the hedge to lay cables.  Skip forward a bit and we have a cable coming out the ground that then has been attached to the neighbours wall (with a covering) and then the remaining cable has  been tacked to the neighbours wall all the way around to my property and then up to my bedroom where the router is.  In essence if anyone wanted they could just cut anywhere along  the 20 metres of cabling exposed on walls at the moment.  Is having wires exposed the norm? 

1 REPLY 1

MarkD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Muly39, thanks for your post. When you had the service installed, was the positioning of the cable discussed with yourself and the engineer? Can you also post a picture of the cabling so we can best advise 🙂