Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Full Fibre upgrade has extended contract date

Elfrider
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, just looking to clarify something please. I've recently been upgraded to Full Fibre (FTTP) following the invite from Vodafone/Openreach. Based on the information on this link....

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Broadband/Joining-upgrading-Home-Broadband-/1916788792/Why-is-my-broa...

...it is my understanding that the contract end date shouldn't change, so that I'd be able to upgrade to a faster package either with Vodafone or elsewhere. My contract was due to expire yesterday. However looking in my account today, it is showing an end date of 2 years from now! The package is showing as "Migration Only Full Fibre 100", and it is saying online that there are no packages available for me to upgrade to. Obviously I don't want to find myself tied down to speeds circa 75Mbps for 2 years when my line is now capable of up to 1Gbps. Have I got something wrong, or has an error been made at Vodafone's end?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Effie

Hey @Elfrider I hope you're doing well! If we've had to upgrade you due to the copper service being retired in your area, your contract dates shouldn't change. We'd need to take a look at your account and get these corrected for you. As we have no account access on the Forum, please reach out to the Social Media Team or LiveChat team so this can be put right. 

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Effie

Hey @Elfrider I hope you're doing well! If we've had to upgrade you due to the copper service being retired in your area, your contract dates shouldn't change. We'd need to take a look at your account and get these corrected for you. As we have no account access on the Forum, please reach out to the Social Media Team or LiveChat team so this can be put right. 

Thanks @Effie , been in touch with the support team and they've corrected the contract end date 👍🏻

That's great to hear @Elfrider I'm glad this has all been sorted for you!