Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hacker

Nsgdm1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

My partners Facebook was hacked ,email ,password and phone number changed so she is locked out of her account.

The IP address is showing as Vodafone broadband in our home town.

Who do I report this too.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Nsgdm1 

This is  your partners Facebook account, your partner will need to raise the issue directly through Facebook account, they will do all the investigations.

We know it was a vodafone broadband account that did this ,have all the ip details.

Surely Vodafone would be interested to know someone was using their system to hack people .

AnnS

Yes @Nsgdm1 there are GDPR data  protection regulations that need to be  followed   Facebook will do all the necessary investigations.

BandOfBrothers

Hello @Nsgdm1 

You and your friend are correct to try and establish what's happened to be able to put this right.

Facebook have support systems in place when this happens to get this resolved.

Please visit this page … I think my Facebook account was hacked or someone is using it without my permission. and Hacked and fake accounts. 

Vodafone UK would try to help in all cases of fraud but are limited to what they can do in regards to someone using their services to commit fraud.

It wouldn't harm in you contacting the Vodafone Social Media Team's to provide them the Ip address so they can pass this to the correct department to see if they can do anything , albeit they wouldn't be able to discuss anything with you due to privacy rules they are bound legally by.

Vodafone Social Media Team's Link.  

The ip address may have been spooled etc so fake.

They may not even be able to check on the ip address at all but at least you've done all you can to try and stop anyone else being affected.

privacy/protecting-you/reporting-suspected-fraud. 

Any type of hacking or fraud is an awful situation so I wish all the best for your friend.

Tell them to let her Facebook friends know so they don't respond to any personal information requests from them or even worse asking for money etc.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.