Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home move - speeds

sayhey
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm just about to sign up for Vodafone Pro Broadband 500Mbit. I'm likely to be moving during the initial contract period. I know that if I move somewhere that Vodafone can't provide broadband that they will let me out of the contract, but what happens if I move somewhere that they can't provide the 500Mbit service but could provide a slower speed? 

Will I be released from the contract or made to take the slower speed to avoid an early termination fee?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

It's spelled out in the current applicable (and poorly worded) T&Cs:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/groups/public/documents/document/vfcon112036.pdf section 7.5

My reading is that you could indeed find yourself downgraded!

That's just it, they are poorly worded so it isn't clear.

It states

If we are able to provide
the services at your new address, we will arrange the transfer.

Which I interpret as the services I am paying for i.e. 500Mbit broadband. If they can't provide that, they won't transfer

It then says

If we are unable, for any reason, to provide a Home Broadband and Phone
Services to your new address in the UK then you will be entitled to end this
Agreement subject to provision by you of reasonable evidence of your
change of address

Which seems to suggest they will downgrade. 

I think I'll cancel the switch to be on the safe side.

I wouldn't mind a downgrade if all providers couldn't provide the service so that would be the only option available, but Vodafone's FTTP service seems to be available in less places than other providers. e.g. I can get it via Openreach, but my Mum can't. She can via BT, EE, Zen etc. but not Vodafone. She lives about 2 streets away from me.