cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What will happen to my Gigafast broadband if I port out my landline number?

jcwacky
2: Seeker

I have Vodafone Gigafast (CityFibre) with Home Phone. I want to move my landline number to an alternative provider without disrupting my broadband.

If I initiate a port out request for my landline number, will my Gigafast broadband continue to work?

What will happen to my Vodafone Home Phone service? Will it be cancelled? Or will it just get allocated a new phone number?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Lucy_F

Hi @jcwacky To discuss how porting out your landline would effect your existing broadband service, please contact our Broadband Support Team on 03333040191 or Live Chat. 

ZOBBY1
4: Newbie

Please let us know how you get on. I’d like to port my existing landline out but am concerned it will trigger a broadband cancellation process. Thanks. 

jcwacky

@ZOBBY1 I discussed with Vodafone, but they said there was no way to port out my number without it triggering a cancellation of my broadband. Sounds like a restriction due to poor processes at Vodafone, rather than an actual technical restriction.

I am planning to leave Vodafone broadband anyway in a few weeks, so I will be initiating a broadband migration elsewhere, and after this is triggered I will then request my new phone provider (who is different to my new broadband provider) to port my number over, which can be done as long as it is within 30 days of the cancellation. This will allow me to move my number to a service like Voipfone.

Thanks for the info. This confirms my suspicions. And agree - sounds like VF don’t have a robust enough process to deal with this circumstance. Will be doing the same as you when I get round to it. Thanks. 👍