Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help with Booster or mesh for poor signal on city fibre 900

aamz23
2: Seeker

Hi,

New to vodafone city fibre broadband and have been with them for about a week. I have the white powerhub and the signal is really bad in places. I have the router and city fibre box in my front room , however in the room door adjacent to the router I get bad signal on one side of the sofa. I also get no signal in my bedroom  upstairs. 

VP won’t send out a free booster as they say it won’t work with my router and are asking me to upgrade to the Pro II where i’ll be paying £11 a month more. I don’t want to do that as it ends up being very costly

What boosters or mesh networks are compatible which will give me good speeds and help with the dead spots? I don’t want to replace my existing VP router as I don’t want to mess around with the settings and potentially having no internet (I work from home) plus not sure how to do it. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

8 REPLIES 8

aamz23

Any help at all?

bhaskarsamani

buy a wifi mesh system ? 

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@aamz23 Get a WiFi signal strength app for your mobile phone and check all about your home. If you happen to have walls that are blocking the signal then you could get nowhere with mesh. You might even have to get a professional in to help. 

You could look into powerline devices, but they can also have problems of their own depending on how good your electric cables are.

@Cynric wrote:

@aamz23 Get a WiFi signal strength app for your mobile phone and check all about your home. If you happen to have walls that are blocking the signal then you could get nowhere with mesh. You might even have to get a professional in to help. 

You could look into powerline devices, but they can also have problems of their own depending on how good your electric cables are.

didn't think about that 

i was thinking of getting my own mesh system when Vodafone (cityfibre) will install 900mb broadband on 9 September  

aamz23

I bought a mesh and will test it out. Wasn’t sure which to get, ended up with this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercusys-Coverage-Halo-H60X-3-pack/dp/B0CQHSQQM6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=2...

@aamz23 wrote:

I bought a mesh and will test it out. Wasn’t sure which to get, ended up with this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercusys-Coverage-Halo-H60X-3-pack/dp/B0CQHSQQM6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=2...

let us know if it worked or not 

Hi just got it today and set it up. Easy to set up and works well so far! One connects to the router and the others are dotted around. I wonder if I can use the router halo as my main router and switch off the powerhub

We live in an old maltings with an oust. The walls are made of ?????. Poor signal from where our Vodafone hub is so we also have a Mercusys Halo mesh network (1x H90X and the rest are H70X / H80X's) - quite a few node as well . Seems to work very well. We have been running it for about 18 months now with no real major issues.

Before we moved to Vodafone we were with BT and they couldn't provide enough of their disc's (3 is maximum) to cover our property.

Infinidim