cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I speak to someone about my complaint - I keep being told someone will call but not happening

AngryViking
4: Newbie

The joining process to ordinary Superfast broadband was a mess. I eventually got connected but there were a load of issues which weren't being solved. I raised a complaint.

The first agent who took it on was very helpful and identified that there was indeed a problem. It wasn't getting fixed so I asked for it to be escalated. Since then nothing - I was told I had to do three speed tests (it wasn't the correct issue) and the email response was there wasn't a fault and so there was nothing to fix. 

I have tried the call centre - both chat and phone (hours wasted) but the problem (already acknowledged) is far beyond their understanding and it seems there is no way to talk to the person handling the case.

It's dreadful, I just need to speak to someone - I really want it resolved.... HOW???

32 REPLIES 32

AngryViking
4: Newbie

Hi. 
I'm being given a runaround by customer services, trying to resolve an existing complaint. 
i don't (and won't) have Facebook or Twitter accounts. 
How do I speak to someone related to my existing complaint who isn't just another person in your call centre?

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If you have raised a complaint, there should be a be a complaint handler for you to deal with. See the complaint procedure here: Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone UK

Is there anything we can suggest to help with the problem?

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try that number too - everything I have tried gets into the call centre who aren't able to help.

There's nothing I can do to resolve the problem - it has to be done in Vodafone.

Hello @AngryViking  - thank you for reaching out to us, I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get the support you needed from us when you got in touch previously. 

As @Jayach has mentioned, once you've raised a complaint you should be assigned a dedicated case/complaint handler who looks after it for you - you can see more information on how to do this via the link provided above. 

We're only able to help via social media here, as we'd need to access your Vodafone account securely and I appreciate you've mentioned you don't want or have these accounts. 

I'd recommend getting back in touch with you case/complaint handler, so we can look into this further for you. 

Thank you for your reply. 
You recommend getting in touch with the case handler. 
My issue is HOW?  I think I have tried every avenue available to me without success. 

My apologies @AngryViking - you should receive an email from the Customer Relations team once you're assigned a case handler and this includes a direct number to reach them, along with an email address. 

If you haven't received any of this, it sounds like a formal complaint hasn't been received properly - our live chat team or customer services via 191 can check this for you. 

Alternatively, you can resubmit your complaint via this online form

Thank you @Amanda for your help.

I called the Complaint case phone number, gave the case number and requested a callback.

It didn't happen so I called again. The agent contacted the  complaint handler who said he wasn't going to take my call (I have NEVER managed to speak to him). He emailed me, said the case had been reviewed and had now been 'deadlocked'.

I've never had any explanation of the problem and apparently now cannot discuss or escalate it.

What on earth is going on?

Is this really what one should expect from Vodafone?

Jayach

@AngryViking 

Now you have reached "deadlock" you can take your case to CISAS, who, if they find in your favour can award compensation. Wait until you get the "deadlock" letter, don't believe what they tell on the phone or chat, and that should set out your options

I don't think you have told us what your complaint is, and I can't help but wonder what it is.

@Jayach - Thanks for your advice. 

My issue is speed related. The Vodafone mandatory tests (Multi thread Speedtest to a Vodafone hosted server) show I have a great connection of 70+Mbps. My connection through Vodafone to the internet is showing a flatline at 22Mbps (or worse!). It started when I was with a 3rd party ISP selling the Vodafone service. I had a 40Mbps service then. When that contract expired, I transferred to Vodafone with an 80Mbps service. The flat line didn't move. 

Draw your own conclusions. I have mine and Vodafone won't even discuss it.