cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Replacing Vodafone router connection ignorance.

JohnnyCrosby
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have purchased a TP-Link AC 1200 router to replace my Vodafone issued router. I decided to replace the Vodafone router because I have quite a few plugs, door cameras etc that require  2.4ghz to connect, and  Vodafone do not permit any control over the dual band.  

After following the quick setup instructions for the new router on the TP website, my devices recognised the router but with the message “connected, no internet”, and the internet icon on the router is orange instead of green. Reading some of the threads here, I then found that various username etc details are required from Vodafone, which I have now obtained, but I have no idea how or where they are to be entered. I am also struggling with how to log back into the setup page since the new router is not giving access to the internet.

I have very little knowledge of how home networks work. Would a kind person mind spelling out to me in simple steps how to get my new router connected please?

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You don't say which Vodafone router you have. and I doubt the TP-Link will actually perform better than the Vodafone one. You will also lose easy access to the phone connection. (if that is important to you)

My advice, bearing in mind your lack of technical knowledge, would be to get an inexpensive 2.4GHz only Access Point and use that to provide the 2.4GHz signal.