cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How many devices do you have connected to your hub?

DanMason87
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am repeatedly told I have too many devices on my network, around 60. Most of these are TP Link Wifi Plug Sockets. I have a 80 mbps speed and have no issues with streaming. I appreciate that it is a lot and it may cause congestion, but in this world now where pretty much every device has WiFi what are you meant to do? Vodafone are telling me they will not support with any more issues because I am using too many devices. Any ideas?

21 REPLIES 21

Oh goody, does this mean we have someone on here who can support Microtik products now!  All that leaves us missing is anyone who can talk advanced Ubiquity!

I’ve tried all day to sort it out, and totally failed. So it’s heading back to the shop! 

In what way did the new router fail?  During set up, or when connecting devices?

Setup. It just would not connect (MODEM VERSION). I had the username and password and all the other settings and nothing. 

It's more than likely that Vodafone either gave you the wrong username/password  (get them sent so you can copy & paste) or forgot to tell you that the username ends in @broadband.vodafone.co.uk

The only other setting you really need is VLAN: 101

Personally in the WAN>Internet Connection Settings: I'd leave the connect to DNS servers automatically yes (can help with initial connection speed), and then change your local DNS if you want to in the LAN>DHCP settings (bypasses the router DNS caching though).

I think this is more technical than I really get to be honest. I’ve tried a lot of settings yesterday and just kept going in circles. I followed a few tips on here and couldn’t get it working either. I double checked with VF twice and the details are right. :Sad_face:

You do not have to!!

Buy hAP ac³ LTE6 kit (Router + LTE|4G backup)
[Removed]

with Access Points cAP XL ac
[Removed]

That are connected via ethernet cable to the router and you are good to go!

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Go away! 

@DanMason87

I know it can be frustrating, it was for me trying to set up my Sky connection with MikroTik.

But I go so fed up with the Sky modem/router at the time that I purchased MikroTik and had to learn how to configure it. (Mikrotik as it's EU based company, RaspberryPi as it's UK made product ..........)

It's taking me some time to learn how to configure it, but since then it has been running without any problems until I left Sky and when my 10 days of line testing are over with VF I will be turning off the THG3000 and replacing with my set-up:

As a VDSL2 modem I am using Openreach #Huawei EchoLife HG612
that can be purchased on ebay for £10-20 as it's proved to be very reliable, only need to load specific firmaware on it and it's good to go on VDSL2/FTTC connection.

HG612 is connected to router (hEX S)
https://mikrotik.com/product/hex_s

but as I said if you want 4G get the (hAP ac³ LTE6 kit). From the router (hEX S) I have SFP (fiber) connection [personal choice] 10m to another room to a (RB260GSP) which is Power over Ethernet (PoE) Switch - powering all of my Access Points, etc.

https://mikrotik.com/product/RB260GSP

And then there are the Access Points (cAP ac) I have 2.
https://mikrotik.com/product/cap_ac

that are powered from the RB260GSP. There is more network components on my network, PoE VoIP phone, RaspbeeryPi PBX, .........)

Configuring "can be" a piece of cake using command prompt (takes second with copy+past) or you can use GUI called WinBox.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Deleted post as not very helpful.