Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrectly blocked website

Suzle87
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

We have received several complaints from our customers that they are unable to access our website from the Vodafone home broadband service, apparently our site is being blocked by your DNS servers and/or by Secure Net.

the site is for advertising the lake and it’s activities to prospective lake users and should certainly not be listed as a malicious website by your service. This is an urgent matter for us and your attention to this issue is greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if you require any additional information to correct this matter.

Kind regards,

suzanne

9 REPLIES 9

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Seems to be working for me, and I have Vodafone's content controls at full.

I will just say, you have it linked to the wrong site.

@Suzle87 wrote:

We have received several complaints from our customers that they are unable to access our website www.rudyardlake.com 

It should be https://www.rudyardlake.com/

CrimsonLiar

Very hard to see what's happening here, but the fishy thing is that the underlying link you posted goes to milicast.com - that's not a DNS error, it's the link on the page.  If we do then go directly to your site, it says the page is under construction!

Beyond this, there are routing errors not DNS blocking when attempting to reach your domain, and these appear to be outside of the Vodafone network!!!!   Err, while the correct route may propagate, I'll admit I've not seen quite this situation previously (no it's not load balancing)!

Thankyou for the info, the site has been down since last night and we have been trying to find out what’s going on through the hosting, so far to no avail, and then the vodafone block happened we thought we best investigate this aswell. Any ideas on what milicast is? Do you think we have been hacked? Thanks again for your help, we appreciate it!

Ripshod

I doubt you've been hijacked. There are serious errors in you dns/nameserver settings. 

Thankyou, strangely enough it was all working last night then since then the dns records have messed up. (Posting on behalf of my bf so i have no idea what I’m actually saying beyond what im being told sorry!)

CrimsonLiar

That the underlying link posted to milicast is odd I'd certainly be running a virus scan on the computer you used to post the response - to be safe, there is probably nothing to worry about.  As for the routing errors, we've had a week of hosting services getting hacked and a simple error at Cloudflare bringing large parts of the internet to its knees!

Since posting my initial reply the routing here has already settled down.  When making those first tests, the initial target IP was the same, it's just that the routing changed far more substantially when I changed my entry point than I would consider normal, but it all seems good now, less than an hour later!

Ripshod

There are no errors. While your link says what it says in red it's actually a link to the millicast site.

Here's your DNS errors

Untitled.png

Thankyou everyone for your help, we are going to give all this info to the hosting and hopefully they can sort it.

thanks again, have a good weekend x

Ripshod

The link you provided in your post directs to 195.224.99.183. That IP takes me directly to your server's default page.

Double check all your nameserver and dns. If this is a brand new domain or you've just changed nameservers then you may just have to wait for it to propogate.

Run a quick dns check on your domains https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx as I just has. It'll tell you where it's gone to pot.