Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ineffective chat about whitelist

Paulscarbs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had a very long and, eventually, ineffective chat with a Vodafone rep yesterday.

I need to know if there is a whitelist I can manually add sites to. The chat host initially hadn’t read my first question then skirted around what he thought was the issue and then claimed to have helped me!

is there a whitelist I can add too?

2 REPLIES 2

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

What do you mean by whitelist? If you are asking if you can add sites so they will not be blocked by Vodafone's DNS based blocking the answer is no. However why would you want to, just turn it off or use a different DNS server.

EDIT: Thanks to @KeithAlger for correcting my answer, I wasn't aware of that list, and apologies to the OP for my mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a Whitelist (are we still supposed to be using that term in 2021?) which will bypass the DNS filters - note that it only allows for 10 sites!

And you reach it from your online Account dashboard > Services & Extras > Blocked Websites

While not a fan of Vodafone's filtered DNS I am using it (with both Cloudflare and Quad as backups) to try and filter malicious content before it even hits my ad-filtering Pi-Hole!