Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP-Link Deco M5 wifi mesh

yianny
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have purchased a TP-Link Deco M5 3 unit wifi mesh. I am working through the APP to set up my first unit. I have reached the section on connection type. I have chosen PPPoE and have typed in the username and password provided by Vodafone. I have then turned on IPTV/VLAN settings (not sure if I should have) and chosen custom mode and added Internet VLAN ID of 101 and chosen 1 at random for Internet VLAN priority. 802.1Q tag is ticked by default and there is a section on IPTV VLAN to fill in. Is this something that is required? Anyway, regardless of filling this is or not everything seems to progress, I enter a wifi name and password to create a new wifi connection. i am prompted to connect to my created wifi. Immediately when i click to connect the deco unit goes red and when testing the internet connection on the APP it states unable to connect to the internet. What am i doing wrong as this is doing my head in now?!! 

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I may not be able to help much, but as you haven't mentioned a modem I assume you are on FTTP. Is it Openreach or CityFibre?

no its adsl. It a router with vodafone on superfast1

Jayach

I assume you mean VDSL (FTTC), in which case you need to set the Deco up as an AP (Access Point), as the THG3000 does not have a modem only mode. Just turn the WiFi off on the router. 

Have had a response from TP-Link forum also and is now all sorted. Thank you