Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is Superfast 100 FTTP?

CEB5000
4: Newbie

Hi, as per title. Is someone able to confirm that Superfast 100 (or 200) are definitely  FTTP? Openreach installed poles in our road last year and until now I could only get Superfast 1 or 2. Today however, the availability checker includes 100 & 200. I am currently out of contract on Superfast 2 (63Mbps) with actual download speeds of 47Mbps. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member

Yes, that is an FTTP service!

Thanks, I just thought it odd that none of the gigafast options are available to me (eg 900Mbps).

900 Mbps is via CityFiber FTTP GPON rather than Openreach/BT.

Thanks, that makes sense since the pole is OpenReach (not in a CityFibre area). Guess I am just suspicious when the SF100 is only guaranteed 50Mbps download, which I am almost getting now on FTTC. 

Jayach

The fact that Vodafone are using both Openreach and CityFibre is causing some confusion.

All the services appear to be being supplied as FTTP where it is available.

There have been posts on here where people have ordered Superfast 2, and engineers have arrived to lay fibre to their house, which is not what they want.

I believe it is because Openreach, and probably CityFibre, are offering special deals to ISPs, so there is more profit for them to provide it that way.

As proof look at these offers for a property where CityFibre is available.

Jayach_0-1643426737083.png

The fact that the upload and download figures are the same shows it is full fibre and being delivered over CityFibre.

As for why they are only guaranteeing half the sync speed, your guess is as good as mine.