Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is Vodafone committing fraud , Can someone please explain this

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I got an email direct from Vodafone saying this 

Renew today to get another two years of Fibre 2 for just £25* a month.

Your new plan even includes a loyalty discount of

£8 per month

It takes less than 60 seconds, so click here to lock in your package for another two years.

I'm not sure where the £8 Loyalty discount comes from. I went to the Vodafone website and entered my phone number and address to have a look at how much Fibre 2 is, and its only £22 without any Loyalty discount 

so why is Vodafone sending me fraudulent emails that are not true with a link to set up in less than 60 seconds 

The Vodafone website says my address and keep my phone number 
Speed information
55.7 Mbps download speed guarantee

61.7 - 63.7 Mbps download speed

14.6 - 16.3 Mbps upload speed
Fibre 2 from £22 a month

2023-01-08.png

6 REPLIES 6

WelshPaul

The advertised £22 a month price is for new customers, prices increase each year in April and usually once your minimum term ends unless one is given some form of loyalty discount.

An example, I have Vodafone's 100mb FTTP on a 2 year contract. It jump to £32 a month once my minimum term is over! I know this because I read the small print provided with my contract.

You like me have already benefited from the £22 deal and if your unhappy with your current offering then do what I plan on doing when the time comes and switch ISP's.

gipjon

@WelshPaul wrote:

The advertised £22 a month price is for new customers, prices increase each year in April and usually once your minimum term ends unless one is given some form of loyalty discount.

An example, I have Vodafone's 100mb FTTP on a 2 year contract. It jump to £32 a month once my minimum term is over! I know this because I read the small print provided with my contract.

You like me have already benefited from the £22 deal and if your unhappy with your current offering then do what I plan on doing when the time comes and switch ISP's.

I thought the same @WelshPaul at first so I went back to the website and put my phone number in. It asked do I want to keep my number so I put yes, so the system clearly knows I'm already a Vodafone customer. So I went back to the website again and did the same thing using the wife's details and the same thing £22 per month but this time, free ring doorbell as a new customer. 

This is why i put how can the email be correct that I have received 

CrimsonLiar

When I try the upgrade path as an existing user, all I get is that we are unable to upgrade you online at the moment and that I will need to speak to an advisor.  The current monthly bill here is just under £36.50 for Superfast 2 (VDSL2) and 2 mobiles with unlimited texts, talk and 160GB data each.

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

When I try the upgrade path as an existing user, all I get is that we are unable to upgrade you online at the moment and that I will need to speak to an advisor.  The current monthly bill here is just under £36.50 for Superfast 2 (VDSL2) and 2 mobiles with unlimited texts, talk and 160GB data each.

Just renewed my Superfast 2 (3 months early to get a decent price / beat the annual increase).  It worked for me. 

Superfast 2 is now called 'Fibre 2' and comes with a VOIP dongle that (according to VF) must be used if the landline phone is used..  Seems calls via landline will be disabled when the 'new' service is activated but as I don't use the VF hub or the landline… 

During the renewal upselling, I was offered a superb sim only deal - not quite superb enough to tempt me away from O2 and not quite as good as your package above but had I been looking for a new sim only contract…

Fourth Vodafone broadband contract now… they must be doing something right (or us it more a case of 'they must be doing nothing wrong'? 😃)

Jayach

Hardly fraud, they are making an offer, you are free to take it or not,

Although I don't quite understand where they got the £25 price from, (the asterisk means there should be more info at the bottom of the email) but you are free to asks them. (not on here, you won't get an official answer on here)

I had intended to leave and go to another ISP, as I knew the price would go up at the end of my contract, but just before I transferred the other ISP effectively put their price up. (they actually dropped inclusive anytime calls, so effectively putting it up by £8.00)

I had already spoken to Vodafone and they had offered a new contract at £2 less than the price for new customers at the time, but I didn't take it as I was still intending to switch. Once the other ISP had priced themselves out of the running I called Vodafone again, but they wouldn't improve the offer. So I was fully intending to swap, as I knew I could get cashback to "sweeten the deal", but I gave Vodafone one more try and the next agent offered the same £2 discount, but threw in inclusive anytime calls. And so here I still am.

Moral: Don't always take the first offer, they may well improve on it.

Don't forget Vodafone contracts are for 2 years and include yearly April rises of CPI+3.9%, always factor that into your deliberation as at the current CPI it can make a big difference.

CrimsonLiar

I doubt many of the regulars here paying the headline rate!  When it doesn't work as advertised and you are prepared to complain, you tend to get discounts!