Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MU5001 port forwarding

dariussiriuse
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone!

I have an nginx web server on a local device, and I want to open it to the wider world. 
Now, for this, I need to port forward (or at least that's my understanding, even though the suitable approach is via -what they call- port mapping).

On this portable hotspot, I get the main page of my firewall with both options within advanced settings > firewall. The Port Mapping allows me to set a source and destination port, as well as destination ip. 

Fine. 

So I set them up and try to access my public ip, which doesn't work... So why does it not work? Is the port 80 closed?
Let's check this. I ran nmap for ports 70-90 against my public ip, and mentions that 80/tcp is in fact open for http. But in fact it is open only for devices connected on the same wifi. Because using a website like yougetsignal.com scanning the port shows that port 80 is in fact closed.

So, how can I open it??? I supposedly CAN port forward/map hence i have the options int he settings. Am I doing something wrong or perhaps missing something?

Thanks, dd 

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@dariussiriuse Try HTTPS. Most browsers are not using HTTP by default.

Ripshod

You're on 5G mobile Internet. I don't think you're going to have much success. 

Ripshod

You're on 5G Mobile Internet. I don't see this venture being successful.