Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Manual WiFi channel selection on THG3000

Stumpy21
4: Newbie

Hello

I have recently signed up to move my FTTP broadband connection to Vodafone, with an activation date of 8th May

I have since done some searching regarding how to select your own WiFi channels on the THG3000 and the answer appears to be no you can't, but I am not able to find any recent posts regarding this, answers seem to be mainly from 2020/21.

Because I have a couple of Humax boxes that refuse to connect on any channel below 6  I need to be able to select a channel 6 or above.

Is this no you can't answer still correct ? or has firmware been changed more recently to allow manual selection ?

If the answer is still no - luckily I still have the time to cancel my new connection and stay where I am, as having to buy my own router to solve this would cancel out any savings I would be making by joining Vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@Stumpy21 It's still "no". Do have a search of the forum in case I have missed an update, but as far as I know it's "no".

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric

@Stumpy21 It's still "no". Do have a search of the forum in case I have missed an update, but as far as I know it's "no".

Stumpy21
4: Newbie

@CynricThank you for your message and confirming what I thought was the answer. 🙂

My options have improved - as a friend has provided me with a TP-Link AC1200 Archer 6 router that he no longer uses and I already have a Grandstream HT802, that I use for Sipgate, with a spare port that I can hopefully use for my landline, that I am porting to Vodafone.

All I will need to obtain is the router details for the TP-Link and the VOIP settings for the HT802 once my connection is activated, though from my searches getting those details out of Vodafone might require a new thread 🙄

Cynric

@Stumpy21 There's a huge thread about Grandstream with lots of settings explained, you may not even have to make a comment let alone starting another thread.