Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

More than 3 boosters?

Drefsab
4: Newbie

Hi guys, im curious if anyone knows if the limit of super wifi 3 boosters from vodafone is just for free devices and if you can opt to buy more from them or obtain some from the likes of ebay and have them work?

I'm looking at extending the house and currently 3 bearly gives me coverage in all rooms (even with ethernet backhaul) so id probably need another 2, which im happy to pay for or do I need to replace all of the vodafone hardware with my own 3rd party ones just to get more mesh boosters.

3 REPLIES 3

Drefsab
4: Newbie

No one answered this but to provide the answer for anyone else thats interested yes you can, if you get another booster you can add it (now have 4 setup).

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you ever wondered how far the WiFi could "leak" with all that boosting? I can imagine a future scenario with all the people in street swamping each other as they turn-up the boost. 🤣

Not an issue in my home, due to the size of the property 3 boosters bearly covers the home as it is (still have rooms with so poor a signal you can't stream video). The 4th booster will be going into the kitchen one of the rooms that get low signal and is having an extension on so at least the WiFi will be usable in that room. Each booster is connected via ethernet so gets good speed if your close enough to it. The construction of my walls is hard for wifi signals to penitrate.

I'd get no signal in the garden if it wasn't for the booster in the converted garage (wife's craft room). I've done a lot of site surveys with wifi analyser working out the optimal positions. If I didn't use ethernet backhaul the mesh wouldn't be usable to stream video.

Thankfully where I live is not very built up so even with a high gain antenna I'm only able to just see the closest neighbours network.. certainly not close enough to cause any crosstalk on my network.