Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving home before contract expiry

anon3993
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'd like to set up broadband with Vodafone, now that I have FTTP activated.  It's quite likely that I'll move home before the contract is up.  If my new property can supply the same speeds as I get at with my contract, I'll be happy to move it, but if it's a rural property without FTTP, I wouldn't want to continue paying for the hight speeds of FTTP.  Would I be able to exit without early termination charges?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

This sounds quite risky. Are you able to find out what type of broadband you could get at the new address? Even then you have to get confirmation that VF are able to work with another provider. As for leaving the contract early, you'd have to ask VF.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

Moving home and Early Termination Fees…. Vodafone says:

Moving to an address with no coverage

If you need to cancel your contract because you're moving home to an address where you can't get Vodafone Broadband, you don't need to pay an early termination fee for your remaining contract. This does not apply if you are moving abroad, and you will still need to pay the early termination fee.

It would seem then, if VodaFone is unable to continue your service at your new (UK) address you will not pay the early termination fee.  Whether replacing your FTTP with FTTC counts as a continuation of service… ?  Talk to Vodafone. 

Moving Home    See Para 7.5 here   Moving Home 2

"It would seem then, if VodaFone is unable to continue your service at your new (UK) address you will not pay the early termination fee. Whether replacing your FTTP with FTTC counts as a continuation of service… ? Talk to Vodafone. "

Indeed, this is the crux of the issue.  I did call them, and after speaking to 3 advisors over 30 minutes, I couldn't get an answer.  (Same experience with TalkTalk, so it's not just Vodafone.)

I'll add that I was told verbally that "they would probably waive the fees", I am eager to see this in writing before committing to a contract.