main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Nintendo switch

2: Seeker

My nintendo switch worked perfectly with my old Vodafone router, however since we changed the router to a THG3000, it just won't connect to it. It finds the wifi and lets me put in the password, but thats as far as I get and I constantly get an error message saying unable to connect to network device.

I know it isn't the switch that is the problem as I have connected it to my phone hotspot, and other routers fine in the last 2 days. 

Is it something in the settings? Is there a maximum amount of devices than can connect to the router? I'm honestly baffled as to what is stopping it from connecting. 

View more options
22 REPLIES 22
3: Seeker

I have exactly the same problem. I cannot connect my Nintendo Switch to vodafone router. No problem with any other devices, just nintendo switch

View more options
Administrator
Administrator

That's very strange @Wen_dymo. Is there any way to make the Switch forget the Wi-Fi connection details, then get them to reconnect? In case it's stored up an old password or any kind of cache 🤔

View more options

My switch is doing the same, having to use iPhone hotspot (and eating my data) as it won’t connect to WiFi no matter what I do, tried deleting connection and resetting   Nothing works   The hotspot is slower speed so that can’t be the issue  

interested to see if there’s any answer to this 

View more options
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for getting in touch @Scottios - was your Switch connecting to your previous Vodafone router, the same as the above users? 

View more options

It won’t connect to the  router at all, only had this vodaphone one since I’ve had the switch, have sky internet at home no issues whatsoever 

View more options
Administrator
Administrator

So we can take a closer look into this for you @Scottios - please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

View more options

Hi, I am having problems getting my switch to access the internet using my mobile personal hotspot.  How did you do this?  Every time I choose my phone and enter password it won't connect.

thanks

View more options

Hey @Boosta I'm sure we can get your Switch connected to your hopspot and you'll be back online in no time 🎮 Just so we can make this isn't a network issue, do you have any problems connecting to our network through your phone, or do you have any problems connecting any other devices to your phones hotspot? If so what error message do you see when these fail to connect? If it's just your Switch that fails to connect, once your hotspot is set up, make sure you're ytring to connect correctly by following these steps 👉

1. Select Settings from your Switch's home screen.
  2. Select Internet.
  3. Select Internet Settings.
  4. Let the Switch search for networks.
  5. Select your hotspot from the Networks Found list.
  6. Enter your hotspot's password and select OK.

Let me know how you get on and if you're still unable to connect we'll be happy to take a closer look.

View more options

I have the same problem connecting my Switch to my Vodafone router.

I can connect my switch to hotspit, so the Switch is not the issue.

View more options

This is something we're currently aware of and are working to implement a fix as soon as we can @sharmeshm. We're keeping our customers in the loop with any updates we have by posting on the thread here. Please be assured we'll get this sorted.

View more options

Has this been fixed?  Since I joined on 1st May and could connect my Switch to the router THG3000 with no problems.

View more options

Hey @Techguy1, what's your gaming experience like on the Switch? I've been resisting temptation to buy one.

View more options

Probably not the best person to ask as haven't played many games but yeah it's good.  I have mostly been playing animal crossing but some mario kart and tetris too.  Games are expensive though, I usually only buy games when they get to £10-15 on PS-Xbox (I don't have those now but have in past) but most 1st party games are £40 and never come down much.  Good for reselling I guess!  Now isn't a great time to buy the original switch as seems to be sold out everywhere, so people are selling for a premium, I haven't tried to switch lite before. 

View more options

I've been having the same problems described here. Just got a switch and it connects to my phone hotspot but not to my wifi. Other devices connect perfectly well. Is there something I can do to address this?

View more options
3: Seeker

It's to do with vodafone providing the wrong NAT type. You need to leave Vodafone is the answer, you won't have theses problems with 3mobile. Look into the issue with Vodafone, they have known about it since the release of the Switch & yet continue to trot out the line that they are aware & will resolve it. If that's the case why have they started up Voxi with exactly the same issues & trot out the same response! You can cancel your contract as they have not done what they stated.

View more options
1: Seeker

I was having this issue today - Switch had previously been connected to the internet, but in the past few days stopped connecting.

I found a page online that said to manually change the DNS settings on the connection (on the switch) to Google's DNS: 8.8.8.8 primary, 8.8.4.4 secondary. This worked instantly. Hopefully helps out anyone struggling here.

View more options

My switch wouldn't connect yesterday and I don't use the vodafone router anymore.  I restarted the switch, then turned off wifi and back on again then rebooted router and still didn't connect.  So turned off switch and started it today and it connected.  My other wifi devices were connected fine and I haven't seen that happen before so that was odd.  I will try the google DNS if it happens again.

View more options

Vodafone got me to set my router DNS setting to manual, and set DNS to 8.8.8.8 and alternative DNS to 4.4.4.4. Seems to work. 

View more options
14: Advanced member

Google's secondary DNS server is 8.8.4.4 not 4.4.4.4

View more options