cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Panasonic TVs and DVRs not connecting to internet.

PaterAnt
4: Newbie

I was previously with EE and all my internet or wifi devices connected with no problems. I had my new fibre to the house broadband router installed by Vodafone/Openreach this week. All of my mobiles and wifi camera connected with no problems. Both of my Panasonic TVs and both of my Panasonic DVRs connect wirelessly to the new router, but don't connect from the router to the internet. Vodafone don't seem to know of a solution to this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PaterAnt

I seem to have found my own solution to this issue. When the Openzone engineer installed my fibre to the premises last week, it was he who plugged the router into the new "box with lights" that replaced my phone socket. Today I replaced the Vodafone supplied ethernet cable with a longer one, 3 metres, because I wanted a better position for the router. You can not imagine my surprise after I had plugged in the new cable and switched the router back on. All of the previous problems disappeared! Either the original ethernet cable was faulty ( the insulating sleeve does look a bit beaten up) or it wasn't plugged into the box on the wall fully. Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

CrimsonLiar
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but...

Have you tried turning them off at the plug, leaving them for 30 seconds and then turning them back on again?

Quite a few TVs are rather more persistent at keeping information than they should be, so the turn it off (at the mains) and then back on, can sometimes work!

I have had the same issue since Saturday 9th April. None of the streaming apps on my Panasonic TV - Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube, Disney+ - load any more. When I try to connect my TV to Vodafone broadband, I receive error message 006, which tells me that while a connection is available, the TV cannot connect. I am able to connect my TV to my iPhone hotspot, which suggests that it's a problem with the router.

I've now spoken to both Panasonic and Vodafone. Panasonic tell me it's a problem with the router; Vodafone tell me it's a problem with the TV. There's obviously something going on as others seem to be encountering the same issue. I don't know where to turn... 

JCPM
2: Seeker

I’m having exactly the same problem with a Panasonic Viera tv that lost its internet connection this week and won’t reconnect. 

Kieranmarklew

I have the same problem, I was working fine until Saturday then stopped, I've tried everything to get it working, I know the tv is fine as I tried connecting to my phones 4g, I've chatted twice to Vodafone, not help from them. If you log in to your router and read the log messages it looks like there firewall is blocking the TV 

Is there a way to get past the firewall @kieranmarklew

PaterAnt

I seem to have found my own solution to this issue. When the Openzone engineer installed my fibre to the premises last week, it was he who plugged the router into the new "box with lights" that replaced my phone socket. Today I replaced the Vodafone supplied ethernet cable with a longer one, 3 metres, because I wanted a better position for the router. You can not imagine my surprise after I had plugged in the new cable and switched the router back on. All of the previous problems disappeared! Either the original ethernet cable was faulty ( the insulating sleeve does look a bit beaten up) or it wasn't plugged into the box on the wall fully. Hope this helps someone else.