Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Port Mapping for Hikvision

Gav76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, having just joined vidafone broadband today I have been trying to work out how to setup port mapping for hikvision cctv remote access. Having been unable to find anything specific online, and a little guesswork I have managed to set the port mapping successfully and thought I'd share the results for anyone else. So in static port mapping you need 3 separate mapping entries. Select the local allocated ip address for your hikvision system, and then TCP and then 3 ports need to be setup. For each one use the same port for both local and public as follows 80, 554, 8000  each one needs to be saved and apply changes. You can use http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to check each port is open. Then your system should be accessible thereafter 

3 REPLIES 3

Chimpita82
1: Seeker

Hello, I’m having the same problem getting my ipcsmeraa from hikvision to work with my Vodafone router. Are you able to give me a step by step instruction since I’m a total novice. I have put the cameras on the same network and opened up the ports for each but still it does not work on the hikvision mobile app for accessing stream remotely. Any ideas would be so helpful. 

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Chimpita82  The person you are asking hasn't been active since 2020.

If you put Hikvision in the search......

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message/q-p/YWR2YW5jZWQ6ZmFsc2U6OmFsbG93X3B1bm...

I moved off vodafone earlier this year. You need to allocate the cctv dvr (on the dvr settings) an ip address. Then in the router you also need to allocate the same IP address to the cctv. 

You also need to have the ports open as specified in my original post. But you might need the extra port as per the attached. I found it easier to have the hikvision app connected via WiFi and the ip address in the app settings pointing to the same allocated ip address. Once you've got the app receiving the feed, then you can change the app ip address to the external ip address (use Google to search "what is my ip" to give your external ip). 

However, the external ip will change every now and then and so will lose connection. I resolved that by asking Vodafone for a Static ip address. 

Most of my ability to connect was trial and error and adjusting the settings on both the dvr, router and hik app, so cannot give you specific step.by step, but hopefully from what I originally posted and what I've added here should help you. You might find it useful to check YouTube. Hope what I've said helps. 

Cctv settings.jpg