cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Recommendation for alternative briadband provider, with router controls on the app

RHasanaj78
2: Seeker

Since Vodafone updated their app to version 5.0.0 I no longer have router on/off options at the touch of a button, nor do I have easy parental controls. The new app is rubbish.

Does anyone have any recommendations for alternative service provider with an app that has these controls? Before I cancel and leave Vodafone. 

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@RHasanaj78 Did you not think of getting an alternative router? VF will charge you for leaving your contract early.

RHasanaj78

It's not a router issue. I've just upgraded to a new router with booster. Its the updated app which has half the controls as the previous version which is the problem, especially with kids who need restrictions on their tech. I need a like for like alternative provider who have a really good control app. 

Cynric

@RHasanaj78 You can still adjust the parental controls using a browser, including a browser on a mobile device. The app isn't much use but using a browser may save you additional cost before your contract comes to an end.