Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Static IP address cost question

molang
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’m currently on the social tariff and I’ve just been assigned a new static IP address. I noticed in the confirmation email that there will be a charge for this IP address, but I wasn’t previously charged extra for my IP address.  (At least, I think there will be a charge, I find things can be a bit confusing as I'm neurodivergent).

I had to request a new IP address because I was experiencing issues with my previous one being flagged as 'high risk' on IPQS (IP Quality Score) website. I don't understand why or how. Could you please clarify if the static IP charge is part of my social tariff plan, or if this is an additional charge I’ll need to pay? I’m a bit concerned about extra costs.

Also, my newly issued IP address is immediately being flagged as 'Suspicious - This IP address is exhibiting questionable and suspicious behavior.' I don't understand how as I only just went on the internet on my laptop and checked IPQS website this morning!! 🤔  It also says I am using a proxy but I am not. (I wouldn't know how to!) 🙄

6 REPLIES 6

Jason

Hi @molang. To make sure that we're on the same page, when did you take out Vodafone Essentials Broadband? Also, please pop over a screenshot of the communication advising of this static IP address charge. 

Hi Jason, I started with Vodafone Essentials in July 2023.

Here is a screenshot of the text message. 

1000000924.png

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@molang 

Your picture hasn't been moderated yet, but I doubt there will be a charge for the static address.

However, more worrying is the fact both address are being flagged for suspicious behaviour. This leads me to suspect one of your devices may have malware. I would suggest running Malwarebytes to check it out.

Thank you, I will try and download malwarebytes some time today.

Jayach

@molang 

Your picture has now been moderated, it doesn't say there will be a charge for the static address, just that the feature will appear on the bill as a service.

Oh thank you, I see what you mean. 😊