Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Super WiFi Booster without Pro broadband

Kenhud
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, can anyone confirm if an old super WiFi booster (vodafone genie 01 super wifi 6 booster) will work without a Vodafone Pro Broadband subscription?

I have a Vodafone THG3000 router and would like to boost the signal cheaply. I’ve seen old super WiFi boosters listed for around £20 on eBay which look like a good option. They seem to have been supplied originally as part of pro broadband which I don’t have so I want to make sure they will work.  I don’t care about Alexa or 4g backup, just the basic WiFi signal boosting. 

2 REPLIES 2

Jason

Hi @Kenhud. We offer our customers the option to add a Super WiFi Booster to our standard Fibre plans. However, this is at an additional charge of £8 per month and will be provisioned against your existing broadband services, along with your hub too. If you were to purchase a Super WiFi Booster from eBay for example, it's very unlikely that it'll work, as it won't be provisioned or registered on your Vodafone account - it'll currently be provisioned to a different hub on somebody else's Vodafone account. 

The above being said, you will need a Power Hub with WiFi 6 to add a Vodafone Super WiFi Booster. Your existing one won't be compatible. 

Hi Jason 

What if I had a pro plan and went down a package. Will my booster still work ?