Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 Compatibility with Nest Thormostat

CP2
2: Seeker

Hello

I have just swapped my router to the new THG3000, everything working except my Nest Thermostat.  It is not accepting password.  Nest are saying it is vodafone problem...any suggestions ?

Thank you for you help.

7 REPLIES 7

Carolyn72

Hi OP, did you get this sorted? I realise it's now 8 months later, but I am having similar issues with my Nest thermostat's wifi suddenly packing up (about to receive a second replacement!) despite it working fine for the first year with Vodafone...

Cheers :Smiling:

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be device-dependent, but there is a problem with the WiFi on some Nest Thermostats failing.  For more info see the info here

Hi Keith,

Yes that's exactly it, the Vodafone router isn't on Google's list of devices that aren't compatible but I would be interested to know if any other Vodafone users have had this problem.  Seems like it all started kicking off middle of last year (and some case go back to 2019), my Nest worked perfectly (with BT and latterly VF) for well over a year, until May when it died with the W5 error.  Its replacement lasted under a fortnight!!   Second replacement should be with me by mid-week, let's hope it lasts a bit longer this time...

Anyhow, sorry - this isn't a forum for me to waffle on about Nest, apologies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go into the settings on your Nest Thermostat and it cannot see ANY SSIDs (yours or your neighbours) then it is likely the WiFi on the thermostat has failed!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I had the same problem with a Nest doorbell and had to buy a new one and I don’t have Vodafone broadband. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

That (failed wifi chip) is exactly the problem, which I was already aware of thanks.  Google/Nest were insinuating that it could be my router causing the chip to fry (which I think is very unlikely seeing as how "fried wifi chips" has been a known issue to Google since at least 2019) which is why I was curious if any other Vodafone router users had experienced the same thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically you CAN fry certain WiFi adapters using a router- if you know-how.  But the WiFi adapter in question needs to be in a badly designed product with no heat dissipation - so it would still fall to bad product design!