Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 VS THG3000G V2

gipjon
16: Advanced member

The THG3000G V2 has a dual channel differential amplifier designed to drive full rate ADSL2+ signals with very low power dissipation. The Le87251 contains two pairs wide band amplifiers designed with Microsemi's HV30 Bipolar SOI process for low power consumption in DSL systems. The amplifiers have an internal fixed gain, which helps to eliminate external feedback and gain setting resistors.

The THG3000G v2 also has a linkcom LGT 1502 G . Fast Transformer

The THG3000G V2 also has an extra Bridge rectifier and a few extra capacitors

35 REPLIES 35

Jayach

Hi @gipjon where did you find this info? Is the THG3000g Ver2 different to the THG3000g?

gipjon

I decided to dissect a few routers trying to work out what other routers this motherboard is in and i cam across the difference. 

They have the same apex motherboard but the THG3000G V2 has the extra chips soldered on the board 

I have uploaded both boards . I got the info from the chip manufacturer 

gipjon

Photo of the board maker 

gipjon

Photo of the DSL amplifier chip

Jayach

Interesting, here is a picture of the board in my Technicolor DGA4231. The Technicolor DGA2231 is the GFast version. The Technicolor firmware is so much more configurable. (but I can't get any updates as Technicolor say it is up to the ISP who originally shipped it to supply)

gipjon

So it look like the THG3000G is the G FAST DGA2231 And the THG3000 is the DGA4231. 

as far as i know there is no way to flash this router at the moment.  Unless its using the same firmware as one of the other Technicolor router that you can flash . I use to run a Technicolor sse router tg589vac that i flashed instead of that awful square vodafone router . Saying that im still using it as a second wifi access point on my lan network 

Jayach

I've also got a TG589vac V2 which has later firmware but I doubt it would be compatible even if I could dump it.

I've not tried it on the Vodafone line, I can't imagine it would be any improvement over the THG3000/DGA4231.

Is your exchange/cabinet GFast capable so you could try it it?

gipjon

Not that i am aware of  . To be honest the tg589vac was a vast improvement over the square vodafone router .i was running a custom firmware 16.1 which i belive was a hacked ee firmware 

‐--------------------------------------

I did wonder if the ireland or spain manufacturer had a custom firmware for the SHC3000 because from what i read its the same vodafone firmware on both manufacturers 

Bit of interesting reading for anyone else https://hack-technicolor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/QuickStart/

gipjon

Seams to have a THC3000 custom firmware download

https://openwrt.org/toh/vodafone/vodafone_power_station