Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 VS THG3000G V2

gipjon
16: Advanced member

The THG3000G V2 has a dual channel differential amplifier designed to drive full rate ADSL2+ signals with very low power dissipation. The Le87251 contains two pairs wide band amplifiers designed with Microsemi's HV30 Bipolar SOI process for low power consumption in DSL systems. The amplifiers have an internal fixed gain, which helps to eliminate external feedback and gain setting resistors.

The THG3000G v2 also has a linkcom LGT 1502 G . Fast Transformer

The THG3000G V2 also has an extra Bridge rectifier and a few extra capacitors

35 REPLIES 35

gipjon

Once the base is off .the router does come apart easy.  Prob work better with the case off anyway 

I've got the casing off now and the 2.4ghz is still throttled to ##~## despite having cooled the heatsinks (which were initially hot to the touch)

Restarted it, same problem. 

Getting throughput of around >0.2mbit/s but appears to recover with lower/no traffic during the night (hence the heat theory). 

It's a PoS router. Also the design is horrible with no obvious place to add a fan unless I take a drill to the back and mount one on the outside.

Edit 1: Well, after my hissy fit it started behaving itself. Going to keep it cooled for now and see how it goes. 

Edit 2: Cooling makes not difference, it's still erratic. I've now split the 2.4ghz devices (of which there are <10) between the main and guest WIFI to see that solves anything. Not holding much hope. 

gipjon

If i can remember think there was about 5 aerial socket.  But only two had a aerial connected one on a wire and 1 on the board . Bet the chip would run cooler if you connected the other aerial socket to a aerial 

Whats better - the THG3000 or the TPLink AC1600?

We recently got the THG3000 as a part of the an upgrade plan, but we've been using the TPlink router for a years anyway to get 5GhZ wifi.  Is the THG3000 worth swapping in for the TP-Link one?

If the TP-Link is doing all you require, I would say stick with it. Keep the THG3000 as a spare. (unless you are on Pro or FTTP, in which case the THG3000 may be required to get the the booster(s) or the VoIP phone working)

thanks. How do i confirm if im on FTTP (that's full fiber, right?)

Yes it is. You would know as the router would connect to an ONT (Optical Network Terminal) instead of a telephone socket.

ah ok, thank you. We use a telephone connector, so i guess will be sticking with the the TP-Link one for now.

If it works OK then i would leave it as it is . Don't try and mend something that's not broken 

Jayach

@Jayach wrote:
I also have a laptop opening tool, from when I was working on Compaq's (like this one https://www.routerforums.com/attachments/cpq_wedge-jpg.884/, but mine is black.).

After posting the above picture link, I though I would take a look at the site because a router forum may be interesting.

It's about woodworking routers not networking routers. LOL 🙃