Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THG3000 wifi performance

GarySwift
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How good is the wifi on the THG3000 as I have changed isp due to poor wifi from their router/modem. I did read somewhere that if subscribing to the 910mps package you automatically got provided with the superior Ultra Hub. Took delivery of the new router today only to find that I've been supplied with the THG3000. Hope this will solve my wifi issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Jayach wrote:
Vodafone could update it for you, but I'm not sure they would be willing to do that as they apparently should be returned at end of contract.

Actually that is not possibly not true, others has stated it on here, but checking the price plan here:

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/configfiles/documents/document/vfcon118097.pdf

10.3) says: 

Jayach_0-1695917857752.png

So yes, people could sell them on.

View solution in original position

39 REPLIES 39

Jayach

You didn't come from Now, by any chance?

You only get the Ultra hub on Pro II, nothing to do with the speed chosen.

Personally I find the THG3000 perfectly adequate for Wi-Fi. It's getting "a bit long in the tooth" and is "overly locked down" but does a good job. You have to bear in mind most ISP routers are provided as cheaply as possible. 

Broker-Man
4: Newbie

I swapped over to a "TP Link AX3000" and found a great improvement with the Wifi coverage.

"Ring Door Bell" especially - never drops "Wifi" now. 

CrimsonLiar

There is nothing to stop anyone from using their own router on Vodafone, though getting Digital Voice information and set up can be a pain.  Like most ISP routers the THG3000 is more than enough for most users.  If you have a specific reason to think it may not be enough for you, there are plenty of regulars here who can help you set up your own device.

IanPye1000
4: Newbie

I have Recommended  a good friend to move to vodafone  the supplied THG3000 router  the wifi coverage is terible  he politly requsted them to supply alternative router  the refused  this was the directors office at vodafone  he is going to move back to Bt  the router has much better wifi it covers  his house in full  i suspect he will be moving all his other services 5 numbers all out of contract   and other services  to another provider  shortly   all vodafone had to do  was provide  a pro router  that has much  better wifi coverage as standard 

Jayach

@IanPye1000 

They do supply the Pro II Ultra router as standard, but only on Pro II. If they gave it out on the non-Pro services, there would be no reason anyone would take up the more expensive Pro II option.

The THG3000's Wi-Fi is probably not as good as the BT router, but it comes with a service that isn't at BT prices.

Horses for courses.

the prices for Bt and Vodafone are very similar now 

But the Bt Hub covers on wi fi over 70 feet

the Vodafone Thg3000 is lucky if the WiFi covers more than 15 feet in same house router in same location 

Ripshod

"the prices for Bt and Vodafone are very similar now" 

Where? 

Rufford West Lancashire

Jayach

@IanPye1000 wrote:

Rufford West Lancashire

Out of interest I ran a comparison of prices for a random address in Rufford (The Hesketh Arms), and you are right the prices are somewhat closer there. I chose the 100 MBs service as that is probably what I will go for when FTTP finally reaches here.

Jayach_0-1695780471585.pngJayach_3-1695780544819.png

Which is very annoying, as I live in the urban sprawl of South East Essex (Hadleigh) and am still stuck on FTTC.

But I am only paying Vodafone £22.88 including anytime calls, and I have a very good FTTC connection, so I shouldn't really complain.

Jayach_0-1663858306108.png