cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TP Link VR600 AC1600 Replacement Router?

gearlessginger
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just moved up to fibre broadband and it was "suggested" by the engineer to change my old Vodafone router. I have a TP Link VR600 AC1600 spare so want to know can I replace the Vodafone router with this?

If I can, does it simple swap inand plug in straight in to the new fibre box installed in the house (nowhere near the phone socket if that makes a difference)? Or, does it plug in to the Vodafone router instead?

I also use mesh boxes to improve wifi coverage at home. To use those I assume I simply plug those in to the TP Link router?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@gearlessginger  If you have moved from FTTC to FTTP then VF would have sent you a new router.

If you want to use your own, then there is a long interesting thread about doing that on this forum.

Nope, wasnt offered a different router so kept the original router, now 2 years old.

The THG3000 probably has a slightly better spec than your VR600!  And if those are Vodafone Mesh boxes they'll probably not work with anything other than Vodafone equipment.

If the THG3000 does everything that you need it to do, then there's little point in replacing it!