Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Thank you Vodafone - NOT

eloceo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just upgraded to Vodafone 6E Pro II (900) from old Pro 900. And guess what, the 'new' router insists on 12 digit wifi password. So, sadly my 11 digit password (to which of course every device in my home is set to) isn't allowed and I have to now change 86 smart devices to a new password.  Whatever goon thought that 12 digits is absolutely necessary for a home network password needs their head examining.  But I guess at the end of the day, they don't really care how much it messes up consumers lives!

So if you're thinking of upgrading to Pro II with 6E and have multiple devices without 12 digit passwords, you might want to think again.

Perhaps a moderator might like to feed back real customer issues. 

2 REPLIES 2

DylanLabrador
4: Newbie

Yes - I feel your pain as i came across exactly the same issue, but in fairness that was with the old THG3000 router - before I upgraded to the new E6 unit. As part of trying to sort out 'issues' , support reset the router and it insisted on their new 12 character password security format. So I was all set for the new router format when it arrived. But yes, an absolute pain!

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

However, if you were unlucky enough because someone walked through your short password you'd be a trifle annoyed. 

If part of the problem is that it's a pain to remember a jumbled string, then this site has a safe solution to the conundrum of a memorable long password; https://www.correcthorsebatterystaple.net/index.html