cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble connecting Sonos to Power Hub. 2.4/5ghz issue?

Superjet2161
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've just switched from Shell to Vodafone. Annoyingly, it seems I'm unable to use my two Asus routers and put the power hub in modem mode, so am stuck with the Vodafone router.

My Sonos consists of 1 x Beam (gen2), 2 x Play 1 and 1 x Play 3. I have factory reset them in an attempt to get them all connected to the new network. I plugged the Beam into the router via Ethernet and connected the other speakers to it through Sonos Net. If the beam is plugged in to the router, everything works. I have followed the steps outlined on the Sonos website but when I try to add the new network so that it all works wirelessly it says “product not found” and when I unplug the Ethernet, everything disappears.

I think this might be because my phone is on the 5ghz Wi-Fi and Sonos connects on 2.4ghz, and so they can't see each other. The Power Hub does not allow you to separate the networks so that I can connect specifically to the 2.4ghz Wi-Fi. I don't have any 2.4ghz phones, and I can't turn off the 5ghz connection on my phone.

Has anyone had any luck setting up Sonos to the new power hub? Is my assumption about the 5ghz and 2.4ghz sound possible? If so, it seems there is no way to get my Sonos working wirelessly.

It is beyond frustrating using Vodafone. If it wasn't for my landlord wanting to use them, I'd leave right away.

2 REPLIES 2

Cynric
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Superjet2161 Including this thread there are 31 threads in the forum where Sonos is mentioned. Perhaps a strong tea/coffee/etc and a look through these threads to see if anything helps.

Thanks. I've read through a few but most of them haven't found a solution or are over a year old so I thought there might be possible issues or fixes associated with the new Power Hub.