Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unblock a wifi device from the network

mistatyfoon
1: Seeker

I blocked my sons xbox from the wifi thinking I could unblock it easily but apparently it is not. I cant see an option anywhere to undo what I did.. please help 

20 REPLIES 20

Pigsey911
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I blocked my girls mobile phones last night and I also thought it would be easy to just unblock them but there is not an option. I too need some help

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Pigsey911 and @mistatyfoon - I'm sure you don't want to be getting in the neck from your children. The quickest way to remove these devices is to hard reset the router, using the small pinhole in the back; for 60 seconds. This will also deleted any passwords you have set up, so you may need to reset these after 👍 

Hi TJ

thanks this did work. The  easiest way would be an unblock option button in the app settings.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm pleased this has worked for you @Pigsey911 😊 We're always here if you need anything else at all!

To unblock a device from the Vodafone app you don’t need to do a hard reset on the router the easiest way is to go on your app low right click devices then click offline and there you will see your blocked and offline devices , click the desired device and click unblock 👍

Using iPad for app no option to right click on an iPad?

Hi - You dont need to reset, or anything so drastic. go into the app; look for your list of devices; at the top is says "Online v" - click this for a list of other device types. you should see "Offline" and "Blocked". select as you need.

Hope this helps!

how do I unblock it through wifi hub.

Hi @user323 

Which router are you using? Do you have the Broadband App downloaded? You can check out this video which may help.