cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update to previous post re no phone and inability to get printer onto wifi.

cahowes
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello again, I logged into my hub and enabled compatability mode and my printer (which is, in fact, HP envy 5530, not 5330 as I previously posted) has now connected with no problem . . . phew. I printed a celebratory page! However, still no call back from Vodafone and I still have no landline. The phone is connected using the DSL cable that came with the hub. When I pick it up I press the green phone button on the phone and get nothing, press again and get an odd buzzy humming (is this a dialling tone? Hmmmm, not convinced) If I dial a number at this point the numbers go in but nothing further happens, i.e. no connection. If I ring my own landline number from my mobile I hear a ring tone at the mobile phone end, but nothing in the room from my phone. If I answer my own landline there is no connection at all and I can still hear the ring tone on my mobile. Is this ringing at the exchange (do exchanges still exist?) or at some point before it reaches my house but not yet connected to my house? Or is my phone (BT Synergy 4500) to old to use with the Vodafone hub? This is a DECT phone and read somewhere that these are not compatible with the hub. I also read something about adaptors, but nothing like that was included in the package with the hub. Vodafone said they'd ring me between 2 and 4 but its now 15.54 so not much hope they will call. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. Charlotte

4 REPLIES 4

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The phone question has been answered in the thread you started 40 minutes before this one. 

I've had no notification of any answers to the thread I started and struggling a bit to find my way around this forum. Thanks though.

Can you let me know the date of the answer to the phone question and that will help me to find it? I've solved the printer problem by enabling compatability mode. Re the phone, not having seen the relevant answer, I'm suspecting I need a voip adaptor (BT to RJ11). Nothing in the box of bits sent by Vodafone. Thanks for help.