cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded broadband, now account has disappeared, phone disconnected, but internet working

dgtazzman
4: Newbie

I have a very weird issue. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction on how to get this fixed. I upgraded my broadband to full fibre towards the end of January. All went well, engineer came, installed everything, broadband working as intended, phone line working as intended. First bill arrived under the new package, all was well in the world. On the 8th of February, however, I got an email from Vodafone with 'Sorry that you are leaving us'. I thought this was just an oddity in the system because of the upgrade, it has happened before.

Roll forward to today and I try to make a call, only to find the line has been disconnected. I decided to log in to MyVodafone to see if anything was wrong there, only to find my account seemingly no longer is there. Having now checked my bank statements, no payment was taken by Vodafone at the end of February... It looks like they did actually cancel my services, only the broadband is still working perfectly fine.

Is there any way to get my account restored and everything back on track? I somewhat fear my phone number is gone by now, which would be rather annoying as I'll have to change it everywhere, but it's quite ridiculous this could happen. As I'm apparently not a Vodafone customer anymore, I'm an inch away from moving my broadband and phone services elsewhere.

6 REPLIES 6

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Even though you've upgraded vodafone will treat it as a new service. So you'll have a new account with a new login and password. You should have received an email with those details. If you haven't it looks like your upgrade has been broken and vodafone have lost you. 

The upgraded broadband was visible on my account after the upgrade, but now the whole account is gone (email address not found when requesting a password reset).

I've 100% been cancelled completely in their system, got a small account balance refund onto my bank account from Vodafone this morning, meanwhile broadband still working. Maybe they gave me free fibre for life...

Will have to see if I can get somewhere with chat support later.

Ripshod

When I did the upgrade the new service appeared in my old account too, then it just disappeared like your's has - cancellation email too. 

You should have been sent your new account details by email. Pretty soon your PPPoE details will change and you could lose the broadband too if you use your own router (a vodafone router will update automatically so you won't know about this). 

Go on chat and make sure your new account has been provisioned and get your updated PPPoE details (if you use your own router) while you're there.

The new account won't show until the new service is activated (provisioned). 

After talking to 2 advisers:

- my 'old' account had been flagged for a line take-over, with no further details known, looks like it could well have been a system glitch. 

- I should have received emails and text messages informing me of this take-over, which I didn't.

- based on this flag, the account got cancelled, yet for some reason no early termination charge was applied, while I was fresh into a new 2 year contract.

- they were unable to restore my account, best advice they could give was 'order a new line'.

- nobody able to explain how I'm getting free fibre broadband at the moment, I'm not complaining.

- as Vodafone are one of the few providers that offer phone services with their full fibre deals, I've ordered a new line now, 2 week wait before it gets activated. Was able to reclaim my old number, luckily. Also have been able to make use of a deal to get a GBP 135 gift card and price freeze till April 2024 on the new line, at least some compensation for the hassle.

- hoping my free ghost fibre holds up till the new line gets activated, otherwise I'll have to make a hotspot on my phone/tablet till then.

Only thing I can conclude is that their backend computer systems are a mess and they themselves can't explain half the things that happen there.

Little update...

Somebody finally figured out which button to push to also turn off our fibre internet in the last hour, just in time for my birthday, with a week to go before our replacement line gets turned on...

Surprised it lasted 11 days, but still miffed.

Another update.... 

The router for my new line/account didn't arrive yesterday as expected, so tracked the order today to check... only to find out my order has been cancelled without reason or notification. This now means I'll have been without internet for a month by the time I get a new line in now.

Getting in touch with live chat to give them a chance to explain what happened and apologize, but Vodafone has now lost somebody that's been a loyal customer for over a decade, I'm done. Their backend systems are a mess and customer support is but a fraction of what it used to be.

EDIT: Finally fixed, they found me in the system, concluded my old account/line were still on the system, but stuck in limbo, hence why the new order got cancelled. Have just spent 2 hours getting everything working again. Could have avoided 2 weeks without internet if one of the first 3 support people I talked to 2 weeks ago had looked a little closer...