cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Digital voice - use with non-Vodafone hubs?

autopilot
4: Newbie

Hi. I recently renewed my landline and broadband with Voda. I have been told that I will be moved to Digital Voice.

Firstly, does this mean the landline will be disconnected straight way, or will that happen once Open reach discontinue support on their network?

Secondly, and most importantly, what is the situation when not using a Vodafone hub? I use a Draytek modem and router, and really don’t want to use the Voda hub for a number of reasons. What are my options?

5 REPLIES 5

allena
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

@autopilot wrote:

Hi. I recently renewed my landline and broadband with Voda. I have been told that I will be moved to Digital Voice.

Firstly, does this mean the landline will be disconnected straight way, or will that happen once Open reach discontinue support on their network?

Secondly, and most importantly, what is the situation when not using a Vodafone hub? I use a Draytek modem and router, and really don’t want to use the Voda hub for a number of reasons. What are my options?

Your landline will not be disconnected immediately. It will remain active until Openreach discontinues support for their network, which will be phased out gradually.

For using Digital Voice with a non-Vodafone hub, you'll need to use the Vodafone hub for the Digital Voice service as it requires specific configurations. If you prefer not to use the Vodafone hub, consider using a compatible VoIP adapter or checking with Vodafone for alternative solutions.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@allena wrote:

Your landline will not be disconnected immediately. It will remain active until Openreach discontinues support for their network, which will be phased out gradually.

For using Digital Voice with a non-Vodafone hub, you'll need to use the Vodafone hub for the Digital Voice service as it requires specific configurations. If you prefer not to use the Vodafone hub, consider using a compatible VoIP adapter or checking with Vodafone for alternative solutions.

Sorry, but that is completely wrong, was it written by an A.I.?

@autopilot Your phone service will be switched to digital voice as soon as the new contract is active, and getting it working without the Vodafone router is not officially supported, but some have got it to work using Grandstream devices.

Landline phone with own router on FTTP - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

It's a long thread, so possibly best to start at the end.

Ripshod

Are you ready for the "I got this..." too?

Cynric

@autopilot If you use an alternative router you may have to use a Grandstream VOIP device. Search the forum for discussions about it.

autopilot
4: Newbie

Thanks all. Indeed, the landline was disconnected. Digital voice work fine, but I can’t be using the Vodafone hub, it’s utter garbage on every level. I’ll look into a Grandstream VOIP option.