Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number port gone wrong

Sad_Alistair
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi folks,
On Monday I switched my broadband and phone line from Vodafone to TalkTalk. Everything seemed to work OK for a day (although I never checked my landline), then TalkTalk cancelled my service. According to their support, Vodafone didn't release my phone number to them, so they cancelled the service! They've suggested I start a new order, but I will get a new number. 

Does anyone know if I can re-connect my Vodafone service that was disconnected a couple of days ago? It sounds like that might be the best option for me to keep hold of my phone number. 
Thanks, 
Alistair

1 REPLY 1

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Sad_Alistair wrote:
On Monday I switched my broadband and phone line from Vodafone to TalkTalk. Everything seemed to work OK for a day (although I never checked my landline), then TalkTalk cancelled my service. According to their support, Vodafone didn't release my phone number to them, so they cancelled the service! 

So have TalkTalk left you with no broadband service at all? That seems very poor of them.

Are/were you still on the PSTN (phone connected to the BT socket), or had you moved to VoIP (phone connected to the router)?