Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New FTTP Connection, Grandstream HT801 for Digital Voice Query

Kosmos5457
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just got my mum upgraded from FTTC to FTTP connection, and with that change comes Digital Voice.

We're using our own third party router, UniFi Express which is working great as for Internet Connectivity. I had done my homework here prior to sorting out Grandstream HT801 with belief that these will work, and if not with Vodafone, they're a universally compatible ATA box with many VoIP provider services. 

As the connection only went live today with activation, I'm now wondering if issue is our end or if something is yet to be done by Vodafone. 

So far, what I know is, the old PSTN is still active. When phone is connected there, it can make and receive calls. 

As for Digital Voice, I can use the landline to call out and correct caller ID will display on the mobile receiving the call. Issues that I've seen are that the landline doesn't receive calls from mobile while on Digital Voice and the person answering landline can hear the caller, but the caller cannot hear the person answering landline. 

I don't know if this is right, or miscofiguration of ATA box which I configured based on some screen print of the settings for HT801 ATA box. 

Any advice? I'm sure I have been given correct information by Vodafone regarding credentials and it looks like service partially works. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If the phone light isn't lit on the router then it may just be that they haven't moved your phone service - yet. That should complete within a week. 

I've tried the line again this morning and think it seems to be working now. I'm not using the Vodafone Router, though did so initially. 

I'm using UniFi Express with Grandstream HT801. I've got the three lights on the Grandstream box and after registration and it partially working yesterday, I was bit concerned for misconfiguration. It could just be that process of switching over.