Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Gigacube and Vodafone At home landline

Artist360
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone. Ok I have the 5G gigacube Huawei 5G CPE Pro - H112-370LTE|5G(NSA) and it also comes with 2 LAN ports and a DSL telephone port.

Now my question is can I plug the Gigacube into the Landline for access to Vodafone at Home Broadband & also can I use my 4G/5G mobile signal as a backup or even boost speeds with both landline and mobile connections.

Picture attached shows both Vodafone at home modem and Gigacube. I would like Gigacube to do all the work since it has WIFI6 available.

Thank you.

Paul Reid.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

According to the Huawei support site, it's a telephone socket - so with the right connector and service set up, you could plug in a landline phone.

I'll give them a ring after 9am and see if they can help as I cannot find any settings on the gigacube to connect ISP settings to Vodafone at home for the landline.

gipjon
16: Advanced member

It be nice to find this info out so can you please come back and let us all know how and what you did

Might need a vodafone personal here to help us.

I tried chatting but am passed in circles between Home Broadband and Mobile Broadband and neither of them can help me. Its like blaming each other so we need someone who knows everything about Gigacube.

Jayach

If I'm understanding you correctly you are asking if you could use a Gigacube (which is a router with 4g and 5g connectivity) on your home telephone wiring and have it work as a DSL router.

The answer would be definitely not.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your query.

No problem. Thank you.

Jayach

The description does however say "The HUAWEI 5G CPE Pro supports both 4G/5G networks and fix-line networks", and it says the network ports are Wan/Lan so it MAY be possible to connect it to a Lan port on the THG3000 and use it as an access point, but without the Sim card, which you MAY be able to put in a dongle and fit in the THG3000 as backup.

Purely theoretical, and it would depend if Vodafone have put their own firmware on the GigaCube.

I like your idea. As am running a business there are moments the landline stops working so the gigacube makes a good backup to keep things going. Anything to get the landline and 4G/5G working will be ideal for me.

gipjon

just go for the Vodafone pro broadband its landline broadband with Automatic 4G back-up in case your internet goes down

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband?cid=ppc-UK_21_AO_P_X_J_I_D_CBU_BAU_Drive_Text-Brand_Google_HBB_...