Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Hub how to change settings

Morpheus953
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, 

I have a Humax Freesat box and I cannot get the internet connection to work (it's ethernet only) after it suddenly stopped a few weeks ago. Humax said I need to do the following to the router but I cannot find the relevant settings. Can someone please help? Thanks. 

"You will need to ensure that the following ports are opened on your router for the Humax Box.

HTTP: 80
HTTP: 8080
SSL: 443

If you are not seeing the router/hub and cannot connect then the issue can be caused by the default WiFi encryption protocol on the router. Make sure that the Hub is set to "WPA" auto or "WPA-PSK"(Tkip). If the box is unable to connect then you would need to try the router on WEP temporarily to rule out any WiFi security issues."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

Sounds a bit mixed up there… you have a Humax Freesat box that is Ethernet only but Humax are diagnosing and attempting to fix a WiFi connection issue?

My immediate guess is the the network interface in the Humax box has given up the ghost - as an E'net only box, it must be getting on a bit now.   Have a look in settings /network info on the Humax to see if your router has issued it an IP address and shows the router’s IP address (192.168.1.1) as the gateway and the primary DNS server.

Does anything/everything else connected by E’net cable to your router work ok?   If so, on then you could try a factory reset on the Humax.  

My Humax Freesat is an HDR1010S - no built in wifi either.  I did buy a USB wifi stick when I bought the box but that has long since been retired in favour of a rock solid E'net connection.  E'net is really 'plug & play' in that the router sees the box when it is powered on, issues an IP address and just gets on with it.  No WiFi protocols, no WEP/WPA etc.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

HappyNomad

Sounds a bit mixed up there… you have a Humax Freesat box that is Ethernet only but Humax are diagnosing and attempting to fix a WiFi connection issue?

My immediate guess is the the network interface in the Humax box has given up the ghost - as an E'net only box, it must be getting on a bit now.   Have a look in settings /network info on the Humax to see if your router has issued it an IP address and shows the router’s IP address (192.168.1.1) as the gateway and the primary DNS server.

Does anything/everything else connected by E’net cable to your router work ok?   If so, on then you could try a factory reset on the Humax.  

My Humax Freesat is an HDR1010S - no built in wifi either.  I did buy a USB wifi stick when I bought the box but that has long since been retired in favour of a rock solid E'net connection.  E'net is really 'plug & play' in that the router sees the box when it is powered on, issues an IP address and just gets on with it.  No WiFi protocols, no WEP/WPA etc.

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

As @HappyNomad says the advice from Humax makes no sense at all. I would try rebooting both the Humax and the router and possibly try a new cable. If none of that fixes it, then I agree it sounds like the Ethernet port in the Humax has failed.