Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wifi Router Replacement

DaveEyes
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have just moved to Vodafone from TalkTalk - the speed of connection seems fine but I am a little dismayed at the functionality of the router management interface.   Its extremely slow to respond and lacks many features that the talk talk router had - such as being able to easily see what devices are on the network and to easilly set up static ip addresses.

I would be interested to know if there is a recommended 3rd party router that I could buy ...?

Thanks

Dave

35 REPLIES 35

Thank you. Had absolutely no probs with BT for 2 years...as soon as Vodafone router came in to the equation, sky q very unreliable (wired connection)

Jayach
16: Advanced member

If the Sky Q box is hardwired, I'm surprised it was giving problems. Hope it improves once you get your own router.

Do let us know how you get on.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

@DaveEyes wrote:

So no one has used any 3rd party router instead of the Vodafone one? 

I use a Linksys MR8300 router via a Draytek Vigor 130 modem but with only one device, a Pi Zero running Pihole, having a fixed IP address it didn’t take very long at all to set up.

How did you get the Vodafone credentials to use on the linksys?

Thanks 

Jayach

The best way to get your credentials (username and password) is via live chat.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

HappyNomad

@DaveEyes wrote:

How did you get the Vodafone credentials to use on the linksys?

Thanks 

I asked for the credentials via chat (and printing the transcript of that chat).  Vodafone has/had no problem with users installing their own Openreach approved kit.

Getting credentials is easy but reportedly, they were often handed out incomplete insofar as the common to everybody part/s of the username would be omitted - something to be aware of if your creds don't work.