Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WIFI not reaching upstairs

LISADESMOND1974
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in a new build, 2 up,2 down. 
the router is located under the stairs. Located in the centre of the house. It is surrounded by wall, granted.  However the bedrooms are pretty much  above  of the router. 

the signal doesn't reach up there and phones lock in to 5g when in the bedrooms. 

I contacted VF and they sent me a booster which I was advised to locate next to the x box in my son's room.  I did this and the x box was working at 5ghz but it kept dropping the signal from the router and eventually dropped to 2.4ghz continuously. 

VF advised me to move the router in between the router and x box (top of the stairs) and it still didn't give him 5ghz. 

They're sending me another booster! 

To have 2 boosters in. This space is utterly ridiculous.  They were trying to have me upgrade. I'm paying £30 a month for this crap as it is. 

The TP link I have also doesnt connect at top of the stairs when it connected to router at 3 times the distance in my old house (by WiFi) to boost signal to the garden. 

I read the wavelengths are shorter for 5ghz, is it reasonable to need this many boosters then? 

2 REPLIES 2

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

The link is not related to Vodafone - do not click it. 

Londondave's link is spam and will be removed shortly. 

Cynric

@LISADESMOND1974 What are your options for moving the router?