Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

With CF and VF-procedure when moving house

GY
4: Newbie

I am currently with VF thru CF and likely to be moving home soon where CF is also available.

How easy is it to transfer my account to the new house including user name and password that I use with my own router ?

5 REPLIES 5

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

If the ONT is already at the new address then theory dictates that it should just be a simple case of plug and play. 

However this is vodafone. Even if there is a service already installed I don't see it being that simple. For sure your PPPoE details will change, and there's a high probability that it'll take a few calls to get it all sorted.

I hope it goes smoothly for you. 

Thanks for replying, it's a new build so not sure about the ONT.

My main concern is what you alluded to and impossible to see how it could ever go smoothly when VF are involved.

Might be better to just cancel VF and go with another ISP that I can actually talk to on the phone.

Jayach

@GY wrote:

Might be better to just cancel VF and go with another ISP that I can actually talk to on the phone.

As long as you are out of contract, otherwise you will probably get a ETF (Early Termination Fee)

If they can't supply you at the new address, the ETF won't apply.

I'm 18 months out of contract and to be honest the actual broadband has been faultless and great value.

I just don't think I'd be up to the fight with VF if I can't just take my existing account with me.

They might insist on a new account and then I'd have all the hassle of getting user name password etc.

Jayach

@GY wrote:

They might insist on a new account and then I'd have all the hassle of getting user name password etc.

That's really no hassle, just ask on live chat, should take less that 10 minutes.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

However if you do continue to use Vodafone, probably best to sign up as a new user, via something like MSE, there will probably be vouchers available. Compare Broadband Deals January 2023 | Broadband Unbundled Tool (moneysavingexpert.com)

Same if you do go with someone else.