Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

e-rewards and nectar canvass

PaterAnt
4: Newbie

Since moving broadband supplier from EE to Vodafone I have been unable to get past the log-in page of either of my survey websites e-rewards and Nectar Canvass. I know it is not my username or password because I can use the e-rewards app on my smartphone. I have switched off the content controls in my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PaterAnt

I seem to have found my own solution to this issue. When the Openzone engineer installed my fibre to the premises last week, it was he who plugged the router into the new "box with lights" that replaced my phone socket. Today I replaced the Vodafone supplied ethernet cable with a longer one, 3 metres, because I wanted a better position for the router. You can not imagine my surprise after I had plugged in the new cable and switched the router back on. All of the previous problems disappeared! Either the original ethernet cable was faulty ( the insulating sleeve does look a bit beaten up) or it wasn't plugged into the box on the wall fully. Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I was going to say it sounds like the content controls, but you have switched them off. However I would make sure they are definitely not the problem by changing your DNS settings.Jayach_0-1648659152208.png

Hi. I made the changes you suggested, but it made no difference. Thanks anyway.

Jayach

After I posted I realised you can actually access the sites, but it is the login process that is failing.

Have you tried with a different browser, in case something is being cached that is causing it to fail?

Does it just say that the password is wrong?

Have tried different browsers, after I put in username and password nothing happens after the green thing stops spinning.2022-04-10 (1).png

PaterAnt

I seem to have found my own solution to this issue. When the Openzone engineer installed my fibre to the premises last week, it was he who plugged the router into the new "box with lights" that replaced my phone socket. Today I replaced the Vodafone supplied ethernet cable with a longer one, 3 metres, because I wanted a better position for the router. You can not imagine my surprise after I had plugged in the new cable and switched the router back on. All of the previous problems disappeared! Either the original ethernet cable was faulty ( the insulating sleeve does look a bit beaten up) or it wasn't plugged into the box on the wall fully. Hope this helps someone else.

Jayach

I suspect it has nothing to do with the cable, if it hadn't been properly connected nothing would have worked.

I suspect by powering off/re-connecting the router you have got a new IP address outside of the range that is currently causing so many other people on the forum similar problem to those you had. Lucky you.

@Jayach The router has not only been power cycled several times each day for a week, but also factory reset 3 times, so definitely the cable. A new cable sorted the issue instantly.