Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Account restricted

mazzz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My account seems to be restricted, cannot make calls or texts?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mazzz 

If you are PAYG and not pay monthly your account would not be restricted.  The first thing to question to ask is are you able to receive calls and texts?

Although the obvious, presumably you have a bundle or added credit. It might be worth checking your My Vodafone Application, this will give details of active bundles and credit.

If you need help live chat or calling would be your quickest option:  Contact Us 

I'm not able to receive calls or texts. I have tried calling 191 but I'm told that calls can't be made as account is restricted?

BandOfBrothers

You may have infringed Vodafones fair usage policy in some way @mazzz 

If they feel this warranted they can indeed restrict a Vodafone Payg Account.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to rule out the phone or sim card please.

Try Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can access your account and check things from Vodafones end to see if it has been restricted.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can access your account to check too. They accessed my Payg Vodafone Account recently for me.

There is no account access via this forum anymore.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mazzz

If this is a total restriction this could also be due to non use of the number. When was the last time you made a chargeable outgoing activity or topped up with credit?

If you follow the link in my previous reply the forum team will help.