Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

App will not allow "Add a new payment card"

cliff_g
9: Established

Our credit cards (stored via the app) expired a month ago (we have 2 Vodafone accounts) and we had new ones delivered by the bank/Visa.  When we tried to add the new cards (deleting the old ones first), the app informed us "Unfortunately, your bank could not process the transaction.  Please contact your bank or try again with another debit or credit card".

This happened exactly the same on both phones/cards (we share a CC account but have 2 separate VF accounts)

Have tried:

1. checked scrupulously all details, number, name, address, 3-digit code and expiry
  2. have contacted the bank (CC company). Neither they nor Visa have any record that there have been any refusals on our cards.  They have not made a mistake on our address etc.
  3. we have ensured that the cards are properly activated by using them in real life, using a PIN not contactless.
  4. the cards work on all other sites (Amazon etc)
  5. I have updated the app and cleared data and cache on the app.
  6. I did manage to add my bank debit card OK, which is also Visa, though we wish t use the Crecit Cards

None of the above has worked.

Any ideas? TIA

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

One option would be to contact customer services on 191 and ask them to assist you @cliff_g 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's maybe able to advise too.

Vodafone Social Media Team's Link. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks both, will try at next month's top-up

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options