Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Big Value Bundle charging for texts

jed_vlud
2: Seeker

I have a Vodafone Big Value Bundle which gives unlimited texts. I get so many minutes and data in bundle too. But this month suddenly, without warning, and long before it was due to roll over to the next month, I started getting charged for texts. Not data or calls, just texts. As a result credit is starting to get low. Not sure what to do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorted out problem. Clicked on help & support tab, then on to pay as you go option, then big value bundle tab, then on to option  "There is a problem with my big value bundle". From there I was able to have a live chat with a non-robot expert, who happily removed the text charge and also restored credit taken.  Still not sure why I was being charged, just grateful to have the issue resolved.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

jed_vlud

Yeah I'm on PAYG1. Didn't get anywhere with the Live Chat. The Big value Bundle is still active. I made a long phone call yesterday and no charge, but 20p per text! I received a text last month about PAYG1 changing on Jan 12 but it seemed to say it only applied if big value bundle was not active. Bit confused. Maybe I should just renew big value bundle early and see what happens

Sadly not on facebook or twitter. Been using the £10 bundle for years now, top up regularly so it can roll over without fuss, barely even think about it. Didn't pay much attention to the text about PAYG1 changing etc because it didn't really apply. It said changes would come in on Jan 12 but I can pinpoint the change in my usage on Jan 15: A series of texts, no charge as normal, then charging mysteriously starts. Thinking maybe I should have just renewed bundle after Jan 12. Maybe it reset me on to PAYG1 as default.

Sorted out problem. Clicked on help & support tab, then on to pay as you go option, then big value bundle tab, then on to option  "There is a problem with my big value bundle". From there I was able to have a live chat with a non-robot expert, who happily removed the text charge and also restored credit taken.  Still not sure why I was being charged, just grateful to have the issue resolved.