Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bill text messages received.

stevex
4: Newbie

Every month I get a text message from Vodafone to my PAYG number with details of a bill that is not mine. I received one this morning which starts "Hello. Your bill for this month comes to GBP9.50 and is due on 10/3/2019". There are no details in the text about who this bill is for. How do I stop receiving these?

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Either phone support on 191 or use Live Chat and they'll take a look at this.

Also the Vodafone Social Media Teams here can access accounts if you wish to wait for them to catch up.

The other persons email address maybe very similar to yours hence the error. 

As there are no customer details in the message its going to be near impossible to trace however. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @stevex, we can definitely sort this, but we'll need to do a bit of digging to find out what account they’re coming from first.

As we’ll need to check your own account too, please either contact us in the ways mentioned by @BandOfBrothers, or alternatively follow the instructions on this private message

Blair

Callbee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi did this ever get resolved as I have been receiving same messages for months now. I have complained about this and it's now being looked into. However it's taking a long time to be resolved. I was also told that this was something they had not come across in past. I did mention your post to show that this has not just happened to myself.

I have also just received the exact same text message and I'm on pay as you go as well. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Maya80 👋 As we'll need access to your account to look into this, pop us a message though one of our social channels and we'll be more than happy to help 😊

Im another who has got one of these.

The text follows the same message chain as the rest from vodaphone (same one as I got an activation email from).

This was asking for £44 and I've wasted the day with is this and up till 2am last night on live chat (by the way the email this conversation doesnt work, Ive tried it on 2 separate occasions! and have resulted to taking a few screenshots with my phone verifying I had an earlier conversion which could be forwarded to me under GDPR, but I digress)

Spent most of the day feeling sick and stressed!!!

Vodafone support who to be fair at midnight were quite helpful, well first lady was. could see no charges on my account for £44. My balance sits at zero as Ive just finished BVB1 and am now to scared to use the phone again.

I thought the whole point of PAYG was you couldnt go over anything in your account. texts/calls/data would just stop working? can someone confirm please?

I managed to get my resolved and no longer receive these messages. I sent email to customer service and they were very helpful. They called me to resolve the issue. They also called me few times after to check I no longer received these messages. Hope this helps. I do still worry as they did not understand why. I had to go through fraud team as well so did concern me. However like I said no longer receive these messages. So whatever they done has worked. Don't think it's affected my credit score. Just strange how they could not tell my why this was happening but once reported it it then stopped

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @scott2100, I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting bill texts from an account that isn't yours. You are also correct about Pay as you go accounts, these don't produce bills as the service is pre-paid. The likely cause of the messages you've been getting might be that your contact is similar to one that was set up as a bill contact on a separate account. 
We'd need to investigate which account is linked to these massages before we can make the necessary adjustments. So we can help you look into this, please drop us a message here with some screenshots of the messages you've been getting. 

@Callbee This will likely have been the reason you also received bill notifications.

Thanks for reply.

I've already started the complaints process and am speaking to someone on facebook messenger too.

After seeing a few people post this, I genuinely think its 'fat fingers' somewhere and they have sent it to the wrong person. (Im not sure where the email bit you refer too is as it's sent it to my phone likely by text message?). Possibly due to the fact vodafone and 'asdas' vodafone have a similar 'block' of numbers? - feasible??

Bottom line is am I good to reinsert my new asda sim (vodafone not EE's) back into my vodafone locked handset and stop worrying now? At the moment I dont want to use either sim for worry of racking up unexplained charges and its causing massive stress!