Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Do I need a UK bank card for top up?

SquallLiu
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi folks,

I tried to top up with a credit card from my country and failed.

I used two different cards and still got the same result.

Sorry, we couldn't complete your payment

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, RC45C0 - [Error ref 1w0]

So I guess I need to use a UK bank card for top up?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @SquallLiu  with Vodafone being a UK network you will need a UK card.  The reason for this is due to mobile tops ups being a fraud concern and overseas banks are concerned about authorising the transaction.

The way to top up are here: Top Up 

You can also top up using PayPal here: PayPal The problem here may be if your PayPal address is registered outside of the UK, unless things have changed Vodafone won't accept PayPal payments from accounts not registered in the UK.

Also, use Google to find third party sites that offer mobile top up but very certain they make a service charge extra on top of the top up.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Yes @SquallLiu  with Vodafone being a UK network you will need a UK card.  The reason for this is due to mobile tops ups being a fraud concern and overseas banks are concerned about authorising the transaction.

The way to top up are here: Top Up 

You can also top up using PayPal here: PayPal The problem here may be if your PayPal address is registered outside of the UK, unless things have changed Vodafone won't accept PayPal payments from accounts not registered in the UK.

Also, use Google to find third party sites that offer mobile top up but very certain they make a service charge extra on top of the top up.

Ha! That's make sense.

Thanks a lot.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Download an app called Xoom. It's owned and run by paypal! You can purchase a Vodafone Top Up voucher using Xoom and all you need to do is dial 2345 and enter the voucher number to top up the phone.

I used it to topup my pay go phone as Vodafone's website failed to process the payment most of the time. 👍