Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help with Top Up

stuart264
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hopefully, someone can help me out here, I'm trying to help out a friend who with the best will in the world is a technophobe,  He uses the simplest possible Nokia phone that I have to put numbers in for him and has never mastered texting, He is now having problems topping up his phone as for years he has just handed over his top up card and £10 at a retailer when he needs to add credit. Recently however local retailers have been declining his top-up card and it has an expiry date of next month.

have managed to top him up online for the time being but it isn't an ideal solution, I can't always guarantee I will be around to do it, and the guy has health issues (brittle bones) that mean being able to make calls to doctors, etc is important. I have been through the help links but none seem suitable, no smartphone, and can't text, phoning someone would work but I figure that involves a call queueing system he won't cope with (I'm on another network so I don't know for sure)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go next, because unless I can find him a way to top up simply and easily? the only other option I have would be to transfer his number to a network provider that still offers top-up cards.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @stuart264 top up cards have been discontinued by all networks in preference for online, texts or calling methods.

The ways to top up a PAYG phone are here: Top up 

Automatic top up is a good way, this can be set up by calling and registering a debit or credit card for the transaction.

BandOfBrothers

I wonder if an idea is to get your friend top up vouchers from outlets.

I'm not sure if the option to go into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and give them your friend's mobile number and ask them to top up that account is available too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.